Saturday, December 6, 2008

Life happening...

Quite frankly, I am apprehensive of writing another post in my blog due to following reasons:

  1. Bloggers who are lot better writers than me found out about my blog. I feel so unworthy. It is my fault because I left comments in their blogs and gave my blog name in the process. I cannot help it. I am nosy!
  2. It seems like I am more inspired to write in this site when I feel melancholic. I don't want people to think that I am such a negative person (which is highly possible). But who cares what people think, right? I am such a sucker for acceptance.
  3. My command in English language is still limited even after 11 years of living in US. I am really digging at the bottom of the barrel here, people, since I started my blog.
Anyway, what keeps me going is that this blog keeps me connected to people who are sharing their expat stories and who are going through life experiences like mine. It is nice to know that I am not alone in my infertility issues; that there are Filipinos like me living in foreign countries trying to maintain their identities while integrating to their new societies (which will probably be a lifetime ordeal for me).

Okay, enough of my dramatic sentiment. Here's what's going on in my neck of the woods...

The Weather





Brrrr! Blustery! The average high now is in the 20's (Fahrenheit) and the lows is in low teens. Wind chill needs to be factored in, too. I have to dress in layers for my job because of the temperature difference between the outside and inside of my patients' house. My skin is dry. Nose is somewhat bloody and buggery. Hands and lips are cracked. Hair static -ky. I am a mess! But there is some kind of peacefulness during winter (Actually, it is not officially winter yet--not 'til the 21st). Outside the comfort of my warm home, time seems to stop and everything transformed into glass that can break at anytime. In a windless day, nothing seems to move except the heat that turned into smoke coming out of me when I exhale and from house chimneys. It is eerie yet beautiful.

New hobby

I never thought I could learn how to knit until I met a lady who owns a small local yarn shop in my town. I met her couple of months ago. Due to multiple road construction in our area, I was detoured to another road. During idle moment at the red light, I browsed at the shops around me. It was providential. I saw her sign. Unable to control my curiosity, I went to her shop. Upon opening the door, I knew I was in yarn heaven. "Touching is free. Help yourself," she said. That's what I did. I've been crocheting for more than a year now. So, I can appreciate a good skein of yarn. She offered to teach me how to knit . Due to my busy schedule, I did not take her offer until 3 weeks ago. Not bad for a beginner, huh?



To be continued....

3 comments:

Makis said...

I really like the way you write, Loraine! And you can say or do anything you want in your blog :) I don't think I'd be able to live in a place where it's snowing at winters! And knitting is such a sign of patience. Do continue to write!

Anonymous said...

Please don't stop writing! It's fine if you're in a bit of a maudlin mood when you write. I bet there are a lot of people who can relate but they just don't have the courage to say so themselves. As for the English, I'd say you're perfect:) And even if it wasn't perfect, it wouldn't matter at all...

By the way, like you I love reading about filipinas in far away lands. Sometimes I wonder how I would cope living somewhere completely new, where I'd have to learn a different language. These ladies make it look so easy:)

malor said...

Hello, I, really, appreciate all your comments. Thanks for the encouragement to continue with blogging. It is not the easiest thing to do, at times. It actually takes a while for me to do one posting. It is a good practice of my English, though.