Friday, January 15, 2010

Almost 10 weeks

<

The new baby, Benji, certainly changed our family dynamics. The first night home was the most difficult. Benji did not sleep that first night and I was in pain from my C-section. Jason was left tending for both of us and I sensed some irritation due to fatigue and frustration. Fast forward to now, we got our routine down. I recovered from surgery. Benji is getting used to us and us to him. We are still learning. Two things are for sure -- we cannot imagine life without Benji and our priorities shifted. He has changed us, for the better or worst, I am not sure, yet.



However, whenever I see that smile, all the difficulties of parenthood just melts away. Now, only if he smiles more often than he cries, life would be perfect (just my wishful thinking).

3 comments:

kala said...

It's scary how all your relationships change when you have a baby - your relationship with your husband, your friends, your relationship with yourself. It takes some time for everything to stabilize (I myself am still trying to get there!) but slowly things will fall into place. Your baby's so cute. I want to bite his cheeks!!!

malor said...

Geri, time flies and I cannot wait 'til he is a little older. Thanks.

Kala, everyone says that about his cheeks. In person, he has rashes and scratches (self-inflicted)on his cheeks. I agree with you regarding relationship change. Right now, my husband and I are still in survival mode. We never felt more as a partner taking turns or shifts as we call it in this endless diaper changing, feeding and cuddling. We cannot imagine any thing else. This is perfect for now...

By the way, I told my husband about what you said that the first 3 to 4 mos are the most difficult stage. He replied "Four mos now? God it's getting longer and longer." Ha.ha.ha.

kala said...

LOOOOL! I know, it's during these times that I wish we could just go into a baby store and buy a Time Machine that goes Fast Forward!