Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Things I learned in America

  • Using north, south, east and west in giving direction.
  • How to read map.
  • Use the word pop instead of soft drink
  • It's okay to say hi and smile to strangers
  • To be direct and honest
  • Flattery will get you nowhere.
  • It's okay to say no
  • Driving and driving defensively in every road conditions especially winter. I learned how to drive at the age of 23.
  • How to grow vegetables and flowers. I learned about topsoil , compost and composting, as well as proper watering. I still have long ways to go.
  • Procrastination will lead to stress.
  • To be on time.
  • To choose my battle.
  • To accept my situation.
  • All jobs are the same. It's my attitude that I can change.
  • To be assertive.
  • To listen to my gut feeling.
  • To caucus.
  • To do more for the environment.
  • To be a skeptical consumer and citizen.
  • To listen more.
  • America has opportunities but you need to work hard for it.
  • Not personalize negative stuffs from everyone.
  • It's okay to say I don't know and ask questions.
  • How lucky I am!
  • I cannot do my best at all times. (It's from a friend, L)
  • Life is not all or none...or black and white...
  • Schooling is expensive.
  • Do-it-yourself attitude
  • Self-sufficiency attitude.
  • How to manage finances.
  • How to prepare for retirement.
  • To live below my means.
  • Be myself.
  • I cannot please everyone.
  • How to cook.
  • Listen to NPR.
  • Watch Public TV.
  • Listen to BBC for another perspective.
  • To be liberal in thinking yet conservative at heart.
  • Mother Earth Magazine.
  • Not to be judgmental.
  • Use the public library.
  • There is poverty in America
  • Importance of buying locally
  • How to make soap.
  • How to make lotion.

No comments: